New details and articles relevant with Classes Of Thoroughbred Races, Racing Explained – What Makes a Good Racehorse?.
Programme 1:- ‘What Makes a Good Racehorse’ is the first of 8 episodes Keep an eye on www.goracing.ie as a new episode will be launched each week.
The basic facts of horse racing are explained. The programme shows what trainers look for when looking at a race horse, including presence, balance and temperament.
Ella McSweeney explains the key features of a good race horse. Irish race horses are considered to be some of the best in the world and some of the best champions in the world are discussed in the opening programme including; Arkle, Moscow Flyer and Nijinsky.
This episode explains what sets champions above other horses and the skills that trainers need to produce winners. One of the country’s top trainers, Michael Halford joins Ella to talk about what he looks for in a racehorse and we get a look at some of the behind –the-scenes work that happens at his yard every day. This episode also points out some useful basic tips when looking at a racehorse.
Did you know?
• The average thoroughbred racehorse stands at 16hh, Weighs 1,000 lbs and has a huge heart weighing about 10lb’s.
• The basic things to look out for in a racehorse in the parade ring are a long smooth stride, keen and alert eyes, ears that are pointing forward.
• Ireland is considered to have some of the best racehorses in the world.
• Ireland is the fourth d largest producer of thoroughbreds in the world.
• There are almost 8000 thoroughbred breeders in Ireland.
• The best Steeplechaser ever, Arkle was trained in North Country Dublin by Tom Dreaper.
‘What Makes a Good Racehorse’ is the first of 8 episodes Keep an eye on www.goracing.ie as a new episode will be launched each week.
Racing Explained – What Makes a Good Racehorse?.
Racing Explained – What Makes a Good Racehorse?, Get interesting recommendations and posts relevant with and Classes Of Thoroughbred Races, advice.